The Österreichische Hochschüler_innenschaft is looking for a speaker in the department for social policy.
What we do
The Social Policy Unit provides advice on any social policy issues, especially regarding the aid system, housing and rent advice and the management of the Social Fund. This offer shall always be provided free of charge. In addition, the Social Policy Unit advises on legal matters and, if needed, accompanies court cases as part of its substantive advisory tasks. The focus of the Social Policy Unit is to proactively improve the social situation of students and to stand up against deterioration. For this, the commitment to a fair benefit system, the abolition of tuition fees, the introduction of free health insurance is basic understanding.
The areas of work of the Social Policy Unit are as follows
– Counseling on topics such as student aid, family allowance, dormitories, etc.
– Public relations work on socio-political topics
– Support for students through the Social Fund and other aid funds.
What we are looking for
– Expertise in the field of social policy
– Interest in socio-political work
– Ability to work in a team and organizational skills
– Experience and interest in project work
The function fee is 550 € per month. Volunteer work as an advisor can also be credited towards various positions (study allowance, family allowance and, depending on the university, tuition fees).
Please send your application with CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 06.10.2023.