Prescription fee waiver without application
The exemption applies to all dependents of the insured person. Be eligible for prescription fee waivers without application:
- Pensioners entitled to a compensatory allowance (exception: SVA for farmers) or recipients of a supplementary allowance to a retirement or pension benefit.
- Persons with notifiable communicable diseases (however, the exemption applies only to this disease).
- Civilian servants and their families.
- Asylum seekers.
Prescription fee waiver upon request
The application can be submitted directly to the health insurance company together with the current proof of income. The prescription fee exemption is granted upon application if the net income of all persons living in a household does not exceed certain guideline rates. You can find more information in our social brochure.
Exemption from the deductible for medical aids and appliances
- Insured persons and eligible dependents do not have to contribute to the costs of remedies and aids if they are exempt from prescription charges.
- Children who have not yet reached the age of 15 or for insured persons or dependents who are entitled to increased family allowance regardless of age.
- Social markets Vienna: www.sozialmarkt.com – accessible for students with student ID!
- Samaritan Federation Social Market Vienna: www.samariterbund.net
- Wiener Tafel: www.wienertafel.at
- NOTE: A good overview of support services in Vienna can be found here: Support services in Vienna
- Lower Austria and Burgenland: Social markets Lower Austria and Burgenland: www.soogut.at
- Carinthia: Social markets in Carinthia: www.sozialmarkt-kaernten.at
- Styria: Vinzi Market in Styria, Vienna: www.vinzi.at
- Salzburg: Foliage market in Salzburg: www.laube.at
- Vorarlberg: The table is laid in Vorarlberg: www.tischlein-deckdich.at
- different states: