Skip to main content

This content is also available in


Attention: There are currently fake SMS in circulation, these are NOT from us! We do NOT send SMS! Please do not click on any links via SMS and do not reply.

We currently have a working process of around 3 months, because of a lot of applications. There is NO deadline ! You will get a letter, when the process is finished. Please send the application with all documents together in one pdf. It saves us time. Thank you !

What is the ÖH social funds?
How can I contact you?
Who can apply for social funds?
How is social funds made up?
How can I apply for social funds?
How long does the processing take?
Consultation during the pandemic?
Does my local ÖH have a cooperation with social funds?
For which funds can I apply?

What is social funds?

The Austrian Students Union (ÖH) offers all students that encounter unforeseen financial emergencies the opportunity to receive a subsidy in form of a one-off payment once every 12 months. emergencies could be caused by: the sudden increase of rent, expenses incurred for your studies, the need to provide for children, a one-off payment for a medical procedure or other, similar emergencies that where caused by some accident.

back to top

How can I contact you?

Consultation hours:

Due to Covid-19, counseling is primarily available via phone or e-mail. If there is an urgent and exceptional situation requiring personal counseling, a face-to-face meeting may be scheduled during our counseling hours. Please be aware that you need to make an appointment with the respective department within the counseling hours (via phone or e-mail) first. Personal counseling without appointment is not possible.

Kalender wird geladen


Sozialfonds der ÖH-Bundesvertretung
Taubstummengasse 7-9/4. Stock
1040 Wien



+43/1/310 88 80 -44
+43/1/310 88 80 -45

back to top

Who can apply for social funds?

To be eligible to funding, the applicant:

  • must live in social deprivation as defined by the guidelines HERE,
  • do not receives the federal student grand,
  • must prove an appropriate academic success in his /her studies (16 ECTS or 8 semester hours in last two semesters)(unless you are in 1st semester),
  • cooperation with the local ÖH must exist check! and
  • not exceeded the double of minimum duration of study (for exemple: bachelor minimus duration of study are 6 semester – you can apply until the 12th semester)

back to top

How is social funds made up?

The social funds are financed by the federal delegation of ÖH, the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (bmbwf) and the local delegation of ÖH at your personal academic institution by a third respectively.

back to top

How can I apply for social funds?

To apply fill out the application form Downloads and attach a copy of all the required documents. Please complete this form carefully as incorrect or incomplete requests must be rejected.
You can turn the form in per e- mail or mail. If you apply per e-mail, please send you document as one PDF. You can find mail and email address on the social funds form.

back to top

How long does the processing take?

Please note that the processing of the applications can take up to 3 months, we try our best to be as fast as possible. The results will be automatically delivered by mail as soon as the form is processed.

back to top

Consultation during the pandemic?

During the pandemic we have consultation via e-mail and phone. You can contact us by calling during our consultation hours or write an e-mail (we will be answering in 1-2 workday(s)).

back to top

Does my local ÖH have a cooperation with social funds?

If you local ÖH have a cooperation with social fonds than you can apply for it. This universities and FHs (Universities for applied sciences) have a cooperation with us:


  • Universität Wien
  • Technische Universität Wien
  • Universität für Bodenkultur Wien
  • Medizinische Universität Wien
  • Veterinärmedizinische Universität Wien
  • Akademie der bildenden Kunst
  • Universität für angewandte Kunst
  • Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst


  • Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
  • Technische Universität Graz
  • Kunst Universität Graz
  • Medizinische Universität Graz


  • Universität Innsbruck
  • Medizinische Universität Innsbruck


  • Johannes-Kepler-Universität Linz
  • Kunst Universität Linz


  • Montan Universität


  • Universität Klagenfurt


  • Paris Lodron Universität Salzburg
  • Mozarteum


  • FH Campus Wien
  • FH BFI Wien
  • FH Technikum Wien
  • FH St. Pölten
  • FH Wiener Neustadt
  • FH Krems
  • FH Burgenland
  • FH OÖ
  • FH Salzburg
  • FH Kärnten
  • FH Vorarlberg
  • FH Kufstein
  • FH Joanneum Graz
  • FFH Ferdinand Porsche
  • FH Gesundheit Tirol

Private Universitäten:

  • Central European University
  • Sigmund Freud Universität
  • Musik und Kunst Wien
  • Donau Universität Krems
  • Karl Landsteiner Universität Krems
  • Anton Bruckner Privatuniversität

Pädagogische Hochschulen:

  • PH Steiermark
  • PH Niederösterreich
  • PH Tirol
  • PPH Linz
  • PH Wien
  • KPH Wien
  • PH Salzburg
  • PH Oberösterreich

back to top

For which funds can I apply?

Social Funds
To apply for social funds you have to meet the guidelines .Who can apply for social funds?

Fund for Childres
You have child/rens and you must pay kindergarten fees (etc.). Or you have an unexpected one-off payment arises with the purpose of providing for the applicants child(ren) or if faced with other extra financial burdens (e.g.: costs of medical care, therapy, furniture for children, etc.) the ÖH can grant funding as set out by the guidelines.

Psychotherapy fund
Are you already in therapy but you can not afford it anymore, or you will start a therapy and do not know how to pay it? Then you can submit an application to the psychotherapy fund. Please note our guidelines!

Mediation Support Funds
For students that don’t receive the lawfully granted maintenance claim from their parent(s), the Austrian Students Union offers mediation between the student and his/her family member(s). Please note our guidelines!

Living Funds
The Austrian Students Union can provide aid to support students with housing costs, if the applicant meetsthe conditionsset out by the guidelines. You must have your own flat or room and live there for three months.

Funds for students with disabilities
For students with a degree of disability of at least 50%, the Austrian Students Union offers special financial. Please note our guidelines!

back to top


back to top